Search This Blog

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Who is your reading Super Hero?

Who is your reading Super Hero?


A Reading Super Hero knows the awesome power of reading and loves to read for at least 10 minutes every day. The Reading Super Hero could be your mum, your dad, your teacher, your grandma or it could even be you...

The Scholastic Marvel National Year of Reading search to find children's reading Super Heroes is pulling in an astonishing number of entries. During March, they were arriving at a rate of more than 1,000 per week. These are just a few of the responses to the question, 'who is your reading Super Hero':

  • Mum is my superhero. She does very good princess voices. I think she could be even be a princess in her spare time.
  • I believe I am the greatest reading super hero because I use my reading abilities to fight off my evil arch-nemesis 'Bad Grades'.
  • My teddy bear. I give him a book to read every day and he is always still reading when I get home from school.



http://www.scholastic.com.au/minisites/readingsuperhero/

Source: National Year of Reading 2012 - Issue 17, 31 May 2012